We’re no longer hiring at this time.
The Badger Volunteers (BV) Programming Intern will oversee the entire process of BV educational and professional development programming from planning to actual presentation. Though the main function of this internship will be related to BV Community Development programming, this intern should be prepared to perform other supportive tasks as necessary. The three Badger Volunteers Interns will function as a team to support BV and occasionally Morgridge Center operations.
Additionally, Badger Volunteers Interns will be expected to serve as a Badger Volunteer for at least one semester during the academic year of their internship.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Logistical and organizational ability to support educational programming
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Coordinate 12-15 education sessions including brainstorming topics, planning, scheduling, and potentially assisting presenters in choosing a topic that is engaging to best accomplish the goals of BV educational programming
- Attend all education sessions including evening hours to serve as a staff member on site and provide Morgridge Center access when necessary
- Lead a small group of students in planning, leading, and/or implementing professional development planning for Badger Volunteers, Leaders, and other interns
- Plan at least one monthly meeting with the committee, set clear goals for members, and check in via email or in person as needed
- Compile Education Session feedback to be integrated in later semesters
- Track External Education Session reflections
- Monitor emails from students
- Keep education session attendance
- Identify potential campus and community partners to present in future semesters
- Attend monthly Badger Volunteers Executive Board* meetings
- Report directly to the Badger Volunteers Coordinator during bi-weekly meetings
- Attend Morgridge Center trainings, staff meetings, and events as required
- Assume additional responsibilities as appropriate
*Badger Volunteers Executive Board:
The BV Executive Board is composed of 8 Badger Volunteers who provide direct programming support. The BV Executive Board is broken into three committees: Newsletter, Community Development, and Educational Programming. Each committee is chaired by a BV Intern and has 2-3 additional members. Committee members are expected to facilitate BV orientations.
Hours & Compensation:
This is an academic year position. Interns receive $12/hr and work 8-10 hours per week on a self-made schedule. Opportunity for course credit available.