We’re no longer hiring at this time.
The Badgers Vote Social Media Intern supports the efforts of the Badgers Vote Coalition leading up to the 2020 presidential primary and presidential election. This student will play an important role at the Morgridge Center for Public Service by creating content for and managing the @BadgersVote social media accounts. The intern will work to promote voter registration, education and mobilization efforts across campus while making sure students have accurate information
The Badgers Vote Social Media Intern will work closely with the assistant director for civic engagement and communications, the communications specialist, the Morgridge Center’s marketing and social media interns and the Badgers Vote Coalition to manage accounts. The Badgers Vote Social Media Intern will develop and implement creative social media posts to amplify the efforts of the Badgers Vote Coalition.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated, creative, and highly productive and have a deep understanding of voting rules, regulations and laws. Qualifications include experience working with social media, strong writing skills, creative thinking, a sense of humor, and a commitment to promoting nonpartisan student voting to eligible UW-Madison students.
- Create content for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube accounts
- Manage Facebook, Twitter and Instagram @Badgers Vote accounts
- Edit and implement social media plan
- Interact with other accounts sharing similar interests or content
- Create graphic design elements to use in amplifying the Badgers Vote brand
- Attend voter engagement events to capture social media posts real-time
- Collect and analyze data on successful social media campaigns
- Work collaboratively with the rest of Badgers Vote Coalition and partners across campus to build a trustworthy online presence
- Explore new ways to creatively utilize social media to increase the Badgers Vote brand recognition and visibility on campus and in the community
- Attend Morgridge Center trainings, staff meetings, and events as required and all Badgers Vote Coalition meetings
- Explore new and innovative social media platforms and strategies
- Attend relevant events to post live
- Assume additional responsibilities as appropriate
Hours & Compensation:
This is an academic year position. Interns receive $12.00/hr and work 10 hours per week on a self-made schedule. Opportunity for course credit available.