We’re no longer hiring a campus outreach intern.
We recognize many students may not yet know their fall semester schedules which we ask for in the application form. Please upload a blank document and ignore that request if you fall into this category. This will not negatively affect your application in any way.
The Campus Outreach Intern serves an integral role in the promotion and advancement of the Morgridge Center for Public Service’s mission. The intern’s main responsibilities include conducting outreach presentations to students, faculty, student organizations, University Housing and Greek Life, and attending relevant campus events throughout the academic year that promote the Center’s programs, events, and services.
It is essential that the Campus Outreach Intern is well-versed in the areas of public speaking and communication, as a large part of the position entails speaking in front of groups. Careful organization, time management, and the ability to work independently are all qualities the Campus Outreach Intern should possess, as the majority of duties within the position are self-supporting. Becoming familiar with a wide array of campus entities and organizations will be extremely beneficial in drafting and implementing a successful Outreach Plan.
Furthermore, this position calls for active contribution to developing and implementing strategies within the Morgridge Center that involve more students in service and civic engagement.
- Conduct presentations to classrooms, residence halls, and other interested groups about the Morgridge Center, Badger Volunteers, and volunteerism
- Conduct outreach to student groups, housing and other campus units promoting the Morgridge Center, and Badger Volunteers
- Create handouts for students interested in volunteering by major and social interest area
- Assist with student recruitment to participate in Badger Volunteers, special events, and other service opportunities
- Create presentations, power points, Prezis, and outlines for various audiences
- Deliver trainings to prepare Registered Student Organization leaders and members for community-engaged experiences
- Prepare information packets on the Morgridge Center for different groups, Residence Halls, ASM, and student organizations to increase awareness about our related services
- Attend meetings of various student groups to maintain ties and to stay the informed of student group events & activities
- Serve as a secondary peer advisor to UW-Madison students who visit or contact the center regarding volunteer opportunities
- Lead planning team for All Campus Day of Service in partnership with All Campus Party
- Represent the Center at campus functions, e.g., Volunteer Fairs, Student Org fairs, etc.
- Maintain records of current, previous, and future outreach activity
- Attend Morgridge Center trainings, staff meetings, and events as required
- Assume additional responsibilities as necessary
- Strong interpersonal communications skills and comfort speaking in front of groups
- Ability to work in teams to move ideas into action
- Ability to promote trust across a wide variety of student groups, honoring cultural context
- Experience planning and leading events
Hours & Compensation:
This is an academic year position. Interns receive $10.25/hr and work 10 hours per week on a self-made schedule. Opportunity for course credit available.
To apply for this position, please fill out this application which includes a place to upload your current resume. The application deadline is March 17, 2019.