We’re no longer hiring at this time.
The marketing and communications intern plays an important role in the Morgridge Center for Public Service by facilitating our promotion, marketing and assisting in the development of outreach materials.
The intern is part of the Morgridge Center’s Communications Team made up of the communications specialist, social media ntern, and Assistant Director of Civic Engagement and Communications.
The intern will work to promote our services to three audiences: students, faculty/staff, and community agencies. The candidate will develop and implement strategies to reach different audiences and learn about UW-Madison and local nonprofits.
Qualifications include strong writing skills, creativity and design, and the ability to use Microsoft Office and Adobe Suites.
Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Strong written communication ability
- Experience developing and distributing promotional material
- Skills in content creation, social media, and website design
- Familiarity or proficiency with Adobe programs, Microsoft Office, video editing software, WordPress, and Mailchimp
- Work with the Communications Specialist to implement overall marketing strategy to promote the Morgridge Center programs and services to students, faculty, and community partners
- Develop and distribute weekly Morgridge Mail e-newsletter
- Write content such as info and feature stories for websites, newsletters, blogs, and other media outlets
- Implement marketing for Morgridge Center programs and services utilizing press releases, advertisements, flyers, email distributions, social media posts, and other modes of promotion
- Represent the Center at campus and community programs or special events hosted by the Morgridge Center as requested (i.e. Public Service Fairs, All Campus Day of Service)
- Assist with website updates and editing
Additional responsibilities may be added as appropriate. Interns will also attend Morgridge Center trainings, staff meetings, and events as required.
Hours & Compensation:
This is an academic year position. Interns receive $12/hr and work 10 hours per week on a self-made schedule. Opportunity for course credit available.