We’re no longer hiring at this time.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Independent worker with strong time management
- Interpersonal skills
- Organizational skills
- Some experience with facilitation and tenets of social justice and/or community engagement
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Workshop Coordination and Facilitation
- Manage relevant workshop coordination logistics including, but not limited to, marketing and advertising, room reservations, and assessment and tracking.
- Facilitate and tailor workshops for various campus populations, including, but not limited to, student organizations, academic courses, and student employees.
- Identify and recruit relevant populations to engage in trainings
- Attend regular staff meetings with the Community Engagement Preparation Specialist and other interns
- Outreach and Relationship Building
- Support MCPS efforts to increase the reach of these trainings and resources by connecting with relevant campus groups
- Work collaboratively with campus partners to develop and/or tailor community engagement curriculum to meet diverse needs
- Program Coordination
- Plan and facilitate educational events that further discussions related to responsible and meaningful community engagement
- Other duties as assigned
- Potential to collaborate with other Morgridge Center Interns on relevant projects
Hours & Compensation:
This is an academic year position. Interns receive $12/hour and work 10 hours per week on a self-made schedule. Opportunity for course credit available.