Community Partnerships & Outreach Staff Network members share a vision of the Wisconsin Idea that recognizes community members as full partners, essential to the engaged, collaborative work that transforms our communities and institutions for the public good.
The Community Partnerships and Outreach (CPO) Staff Network was established in 2008 as a community of practice of University of Wisconsin–Madison staff members who span the boundaries between campus and community. Staff members are the “brand representatives” of the Wisconsin Idea.
CPO Staff Network professionals facilitate projects, programs, services and relationships with community partners that are sustained, mutually beneficial, equitable and respectful of the knowledge, values, priorities, resources and needs of all partners.
Purpose and Goals
To create a horizontal structure across campus units for engagement professionals to:
- Share information and resources
- Disseminate best practices
- Participate in targeted professional development opportunities
- Implement quality initiatives
- Improve outcomes for community partners
- Increase access and reduce entry-point confusion for community partners.
To ensure vertical alignment in the implementation of the Wisconsin Idea to:
- Increase UW-Madison’s capacity to respond to community priorities
- Support structures and policies that sustain quality community engagement
- Engage boundary spanners at all levels in leadership, planning and decision making
Join the Listserv
Please click here to request to join the Google Group and stay updated with email updates and resources.