We’re no longer hiring a fiscal intern.
We recognize many students may not yet know their fall semester schedules which we ask for in the application form. Please upload a blank document and ignore that request if you fall into this category. This will not negatively affect your application in any way.
The Fiscal Intern assists the Department Administrator with accounting tasks for the Morgridge Center for Public Service. This includes processing e-reimbursements and purchasing card statements. In addition to these duties the Fiscal Intern greets UW-Madison students, faculty, staff, non-profit representatives, and other visitors to the Morgridge Center for Public Service. Lastly, they may assist Morgridge Center staff with various projects.
Required Abilities and Skills:
- Desire to learn about Morgridge Center for Public Service’s programs and services
- Ability to learn campus financial procedures, programs, and tools
- Detail oriented
- Prior customer service and/or office experience preferred
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated reliability, punctuality, and dependability
- Admirable problem solving and time management skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- English proficiency
- Assist the Department Administrator with accounting tasks for the Morgridge Center for Public Service.
- Expense reimbursements for Morgridge Center staff primarily through the University’s e-Reimbursement program
- Reconciliation of the bi-monthly Morgridge Center purchasing card (p-card) statement
- Coordinate bidding process for large Morgridge Center purchases
- Assist with Morgridge Center purchasing
- Customer Service
- Greet and assist visitors in person, by phone, and via email
- Answer questions regarding Morgridge Center programs and services
- Refer visitors to appropriate student or professional staff
- Assist the Professional Staff on projects related to their programs
- Assist with the operation of Morgridge Center library, including checking out books and database management
- Handle and route office mail
- Create handouts, reports, flyers, etc related to Morgridge Center events and policies
- Update forms, databases, spreadsheets
- Assist Morgridge Center staff to ensure Morgridge Center resources are up to date and accessible
- Manage calendar and room reservation system
- Maintain General Office Appearance
- Keep front desk, reception area, and library well organized and clean
- Work with other student staff to keep student work areas clean and well organized
This position begins Summer 2019. This position has a minimum term of 1 year.
Pay Rate: $10.25/hour
Approximate Hours Per week: 10-15 (in minimum of 2 hour blocks), between the hours of 8:30 am -5 pm
Number of Positions Available: 1
The application deadline is March 17, 20189. To apply, please fill out this online application. If you have any questions or concerns please contact Dean Ladwig, 608-890-3590, firstname.lastname@example.org, 716 Langdon St, 154 Red Gym, Madison, WI 53706.