We’re no longer hiring operations intern.
We recognize many students may not yet know their fall semester schedules which we ask for in the application form. Please upload a blank document and ignore that request if you fall into this category. This will not negatively affect your application in any way.
Operations Interns greet and assist UW-Madison students, faculty, staff, non-profit representatives and other individuals that visit the Morgridge Center for Public Service.
As such, they are responsible for creating a professional, welcoming atmosphere and performing the specific duties that follow below.
Operations Interns provide support to the Morgridge Center’s various programs. This position is open to both undergraduate and graduate students.
Required Abilities and Skills:
- Desire to learn about Morgridge Center programs and services
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Evident reliability, punctuality and dependability
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Admirable problem solving and time management skills
- English proficiency
- Ability to make a commitment of at least one academic year
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Prior customer service and/or office experience
- Patience, flexibility, creativity, and self-confidence
- Greet and assist visitors in person, by phone, and via email
- Answer questions regarding Morgridge Center programs and services
- Refer visitors to appropriate student or professional staff
- Assist guests in locating materials from the Morgridge Center’s resources
- Help students with preliminary search for public service opportunities
- Help students with transportation questions and concerns
- Manage the operation of the Morgridge Center library, including checking out books, database management
- Handle and route office mail
- Create PowerPoint and other presentations
- Update and manage forms, databases, spreadsheets
- Monitor office supplies and work with the Department Administrator to replenish as necessary
- Work with staff to ensure Morgridge Center resources are up to date and accessible
- Manage calendar and room reservation system
Collaborate with colleagues on projects related to the operations intern’s interests
- Each operations intern will work on a variety of projects in collaboration with professional staff; this could include projects related to communications, human resources, event planning, programming, etc.
- Potentially serve on long-term Morgridge Center teams and committees
Other Duties as Assigned
Hours & Compensation:
This position begins late August 2019.
Pay Rate: $10.25/hour
Approximate Hours Per week: 10, between the hours of 8:30am – 5pm
Number of Positions Available: 2
The application deadline is March 18, 2018. To apply, please fill out this online application. If you have any questions or concerns please contact Dean Ladwig, 608-890-3590, email@example.com, 716 Langdon St, 154 Red Gym, Madison, WI 53706.