The Student Organization Partnership Program (SOPP) seeks to meet the needs of both UW–Madison students wanting to engage in community-based work through Registered Student Organizations (RSOs) and community partner organizations seeking to build long-term partnerships with these RSOs. The goal is to better connect the RSOs with the Morgridge Center for Public Service to enhance the quality and quantity of community-based work, a key aspect of UW–Madison’s Civic Action Plan.
SOPP supports RSOs and community partners in building sustained and mutually beneficial relationships through workshops, individual meetings and reflection sessions. In addition to community engagement workshops and support, RSOs a part of SOPP will have access to:
- $500 of mini-grant funding for a sustained community project
- Transportation to community sites
- Meeting space, free printing and office supplies
- Dual affiliation with the Morgridge Center for Public Service
- Community building events (with free food!)