We’re no longer hiring at this time.
The transportation intern will support the multi-modal Transportation Options program to get Badger Volunteers and Community-based Learning students to their community partner sites. Giving students the information they need to make an informed choice about how they get to their community partner site is a primary goal of the Morgridge Center.
The individual holding this position will be responsible for ensuring students understand the options they have related to their transportation needs and facilitating Zipcar approval and Union Cab ordering. Other responsibilities include transportation resource maintenance, attention to detail in tracking data, and general administrative support.
Applicants should have a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel. An ability to learn computer programs quickly will be highly valuable in this position.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with staff at the Morgridge Center to understand transportation needs related to various programs
- Handle day-to-day issues related to the Transportation Options program by responding to emails and calls
- Process students’ transportation registrations in a timely manner
- Respond to student transportation inquiries in a timely manner
- Work with external partners including Union Cab and Zipcar
- Maintain list of eligible community partner cab and car-share sites
- Create transportation info sheets for Badger Volunteer Leaders
- Collect and analyze data for monthly and annual reports
- Maintain detailed log of student usage, current partnerships, resources, and information for website
- Advise students not eligible for cabs or car-share on their transportation options via bussing and biking
- Think of ways to get students excited about using transportation options with a low environmental impact
- Provide high-quality customer service to students, faculty, staff and community partners involved in the Transportation Options program
- Attend Morgridge Center trainings, staff meetings, and events as required
- Assume additional responsibilities as appropriate
Hours & Compensation:
This is an academic year position. Interns receive $12/hour and work 10 hours per week on a self-made schedule. Opportunity for course credit available.