Interested in exploring volunteer opportunities, internships or careers with local and national nonprofits? Then don’t miss this spring’s Public Service Fair from 3 to 6 p.m. on Tuesday Jan. 31 in the Gordon Dining & Event Center!
Hosted by the Morgridge Center for Public Service, School of Human Ecology (SoHE) and SuccessWorks at the College of Letters and Science, here’s all you need to know about the upcoming Public Service Fair and the opportunities available to students.
1) The Public Service Fair provides students a chance to connect with local and larger nonprofits, government agencies, and for-profit organizations doing social impact and public service work. The fair is an unparalleled opportunity for students of all majors to chat with people from these organizations and find volunteer opportunities, jobs and internships that match their interests and career goals.
2) There are over 60 organizations signed up to attend the event. Organizations are eager to connect with UW-Madison students to promote their missions, find volunteers, and offer internship, job, and service-year opportunities. Check out a full list of participants here.
3) The organizations span a wide variety of social causes and public service sectors. Some areas and causes that will be represented include healthcare, youth engagement, government, law enforcement, education, service and gap year programs, and environment and sustainability.
4) You can get to know the organizations ahead of time and plan your visit. Check out our Flip page to see videos made by participating organizations about their missions, goals and opportunities. It’s a great chance to preview some of the organizations and get a taste of the fair.
5) Students do not need to dress up or arrive at a certain time. The fair’s structure allows students to explore opportunities and engage with organizations at their own pace.
6) Make sure you bring your Wiscard! That is your ticket into the fair, but you are able to come and go throughout the duration of event.
7) About 200 students attend the Public Service Fair sessions every year. In-person networking is a great way to find an opportunity today or see what is available in the future. Whether you know your path or are curious about public service, take advantage of all the Public Service Fair offers!
8) Recent alumni are welcomed to attend the fair. Former Badgers are also able to come the fair to engage in networking and seek out opportunities.
9) Still have some questions? Reach out to Hannah Hatlan-Atwell, an advisor for the fair. See you there, Badgers!