The Spring 2016 Public Service Fair is Wednesday, Jan. 27 from 3-6p.m. at Varsity Hall in Union South.
All UW-Madison students and alumni are invited to come explore jobs, internships, volunteer opportunities and more. Over 75 local and national nonprofit and government organizations will be there. We’ve brought them all together in one place at one time.
Not convinced? Here’s 12 good reasons to go the Public Service Fair:
1. This is the place to find a volunteer opportunity.
2. Graduating in May? Start the job hunt here.
3. Organizations at the Public Service Fair are always looking for interns.
4. A great, low-pressure atmosphere to polish your networking skills.
5. Talk to real people, get immediate answers to your questions!
6. You’re already in Union South anyways. What’s the harm in checking it out?
7. You don’t have to commit to anything. Browsing is encouraged!
8. We only do this thing twice a year.
9. You’re thinking about AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, City Year or Teach for America.
10. You’re thinking about teaching English abroad.
11. You don’t know what public service means. So come find out.
12. Because if you don’t, you’ll wonder the rest of your long life what you missed.
Plus, we have two new events at this year’s Public Service Fair. At 4:00 p.m., you can learn all about teaching English abroad. And at 5:00 p.m., come listen to a panel of UW-Madison alumni talk about their careers in nonprofits. Find out what it’s like and ask them all your questions.
Find everything you need to know right here.