So you want to volunteer?
Great! Volunteering is a solid way to get involved with your community and lend your time to a worthy cause.
But you don’t know where to start…
That’s what the Morgridge Center for Public Service is here for. And luckily, we have two great students whose job it is to sit down with other students on campus and help them find the right volunteer fit.
Liz and Adam are our two peer advisors. They’ll sit down with you and learn your interests and availability. Then they’ll work to match you with a volunteer opportunity.
Here’s what you can expect out of a peer advising appointment:
- Information about how community partners take on and make use of volunteers
- A conversation about how you envision yourself being involved in volunteering
- A list of organizations and their volunteer needs that match your interests and availability
- Contact information allowing you to get in touch with those organizations
- A tutorial on how to make best use of volunteer opportunity resources
- A healthy snack and maybe a cup of warm tea (really, seriously)
- Time well spent in the Red Gym, the best building on campus