The Fall 2016 Public Service Fair is Tuesday, Sept. 27 from 3:00-6:00pm at Varsity Hall in Union South (second floor).
All UW-Madison students and alumni are invited to explore volunteer opportunities, internships and jobs with local and national nonprofits. Come and go as you please. Over 60 organizations will be at the fair (see the list here).
Need some more encouragement? Here are 5 very good reasons (and one OK reason) to stop by the Public Service Fair:
- You’re looking for a volunteer opportunity. Start here, and don’t worry, browsing is encouraged. You don’t have to commit to anything.
- You want to explore the idea of securing an internship with a nonprofit. Even if you’re not looking for an internship until next summer, it helps to make connections early.
- You’re thinking about post-grad programs like AmeriCorps, Peace Corps or Teach for America. Get your questions answered.
- You have passion for social justice and change. You’ll be in great company here.
- The internet is great. But talking face-to-face with real human beings is even better.
- Your family back home will love to hear you’re spending your time in such a productive way. (alright, so this is the OK reason, but it still matters, right?)
PLUS, just announced, two bonus sessions taking place during the Fair:
Teaching English Abroad
3:15 – 4:00
Did you know you can teach English abroad while you are a student or after graduation? Come find out about the different ways to teach English abroad, what considerations to keep in mind, and how to find out about opportunities. Hear from an English teacher who has recently returned from teaching abroad and get your questions answered from advisors in L&S Career Services and the International Internship Program.
The World of Nonprofits – From Passion to Paycheck
4:15 – 5:00
In this workshop, students will be introduced to the variety of options available in the nonprofit sector as well as methods for beginning their internship or job search